Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quick recap

It's been far too long since I updated this.  A lot has happened, and I hardly feel like it's possible that it's already nearly July.

I've been in Fargo for 10 months....nearly a year.  I love my job; love working with this group of people; love the community.  I'm starting to feel like I've got a solid network of friends--guys and gals (a first for me)--and am catching myself actually starting to call Fargo "home".  Pretty crazy, actually.

Since leaving Alaska, I've done a whole heck of a lot of things:
 Lost love,
 Started flight school,
 Earned my green belt (Lean Six Sigma.....not martial arts),
 Moved 3,000 miles,
 Played on 3 different softball teams,
 Hiked some of the most beautiful countryside known to man,
 Ran a 5k (my first),
 Ran a half-marathon (also, my first)
 Said many goodbyes
 Joined a Board,
 Started volunteering,
 Traveled back to Alaska,
 Spent a girls' weekend in Vegas,
 Graduated from a women's leadership group, "35 Under 35",
 Traveled to see family in Kansas.

How's that for an update?

In May, I ran the Fargo Marathon weekend events: the 5k on Friday night, and the half-marathon on Saturday.  I noticed a lot of ankle swelling following the 5k.  Two weeks later, I was diagnosed with stress fractures in the ankle and shins.

So, I'm spending a good portion of the summer reading, and catching up with things I should have done months ago.  Let's call it, an mind and body retreat.  Not that it's stopped me from throwing a softball around from time-to-time.  :)

Any good books that should be on my radar?

Oh, and my biggest question.....if you were laid up with an injury that prevented you from doing all your 'normal' seasonal activities, what interest/hobby would you pick up?

No comments:

Post a Comment