Thursday, January 20, 2011

23 Below

That's right.  Fargo, ND may just be the coldest place on the planet.

Or......it seems so, at least.  Maybe it's just the coldest place I've ever been.  I ask myself every day why I moved here.  Hopefully I'll be reminded again next summer when I'm sipping margharitas on the dock at the cabin.

The past few days have been somewhat of a reprieve for me and the gym.  We needed some time apart.  (Truth be told, I attribute my crappy workout on Monday to coming down with a cold--a couple days off can't hurt)  Today was my first day back and involved a relatively light day of cardio, with a little ab work.

But I digress...

...I meant to talk about the cold.  We're talking frozen-nosehairs-fingers-numb-in-seconds-can't-stop-coughing-my-car-won't-start cold.  For you Alaskan friends, think Fairbanks.  Then add wind.

I stopped at the grocery store after the gym today for a few essential items.  On the way back out to my car, I was struck by what must be one of the Top 10 Worst Jobs.  It's called grocery cart round-up.  The poor kid collecting carts must have had 10 layers of clothing on.  He still looked frozen.  Who the heck takes their cart to the parking lot this time of year, anyway?!?  There's a drive-up service for free...

Anyway, this got me thinking.  What are the Top 10 Worst Jobs?  Here are some thoughts.  Some of these make my picks look like dream jobs.  =)

Brie's Picks for Worst Jobs
  • Mortician
  • Debt collector
  • Cart boy/girl in Fargo, ND
Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment